Monday, August 30, 2010

SPACE: 1970 on Facebook

Just a head's up: if you're on Facebook - and who isn't these days? - I've set up a fan page for the Space: 1970 site. It's just another way to get the word out, and for those of you who already follow this blog, it's another way to keep up with updates and new posts.

Also, I want to let you folks know that if you want to help keep this blog going, I'm always looking for cool stuff to write about and post here - especially rare images like publicity photos, behind-the-scenes shots, magazine and newspaper advertisements, and pictures of toys and other memorabilia. If you've got something in your collection that you'd like to contribute, just send it along, and if I use it, I'll be sure to credit the source. I'm particularly interested in material relating to shows like The Fantastic Journey, Logan's Run, Quark, Planet of the Apes and the 70s Roddenberry pilots.

If you're so inclined, you can also use the Paypal link in the sidebar to make donations - I'm still trying to scrape up money for a few DVDs and such to review on the site. Specifically, I want to get my hands on the Genesis II, Planet Earth, Strange New World and Man From Atlantis discs from Warner Archive and the Message From Space disc that I wrote about a couple weeks ago.

Also, I'm not opposed to "Guest Posts" - if anyone wants to submit short articles about their own 70s sci-fi memories, I'd be happy to consider running them on the site.

Thanks to everyone who follows this blog, and especially to those who have written about it and linked to it on their own sites. I just realized that I've been doing this for ten months already. On the first of November, it will have been a full year....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up; I just "liked" the facebook page.

    Since you mention guest posts, I'm not sure if you're aware, but I've been running a series of posts on my own blog (http://greyhawkgrognard.blogspot.com), which I'm calling the Sunday Matinee, that cover a lot of the same time-period that you do. Things like Rollerball, Soylent Green, Logan's Run, etc. You might find them of interest.

    ReplyDelete